Role of BOT
All of New Zealand’s state and state-integrated schools have a board of trustees. The board of trustees is the Crown entity responsible for the governance and the control of the management of the school. The board is the employer of all staff in the school, is responsible for setting the school’s strategic direction in consultation with parents, staff, and students, and ensuring that its school provides a safe environment and quality education for all its students. Boards are also responsible for overseeing the management of personnel, curriculum, property, finance, and administration.
New Zealand School Trustee Association
Burnham School BOT
Pauline Jansen (Principal )
Caroline Leggett (Chairperson)
Kirsty Leslie (Maori Representative)
Nicky Spence (Staff Representative)
Marshal Van Jaarsveld
The Burnham School BOT sets the Strategic Direction for our school.
The Burnham School BOT has set the following Strategic Goals:
- To provide quality education to ensure our children are prepared for the future.
- To provide a fun, safe and friendly learning environment.
- To provide challenges and opportunities to enable all children to be the best they can be. Click the download below for our Charter 2019 (1)
Platforms: Windows 8 Category: General License: Freeware Date: August 19, 2019ANNUAL Burnham School 2019 Annual Plan (Final)
Category: General Date: May 16, 2019
The following policy is under review at the moment: Home Learning
Instructions to review a policy:
- Visit the website http://burnham.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
- Enter the user (burnham) and password (c4mp).
- Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed.
- Read the policy.
- Click the Policy Review button at the right hand top corner of the page.
- Select the reviewer type “Board member”.
- Enter your name.
- Submit your ratings and comments.
“Copyright: Except where stated, the content on this site is the copyright of SchoolDocs Ltd. It may not be reproduced without written permission from SchoolDocs Ltd.”
If you don’t have internet access, school office staff can easily provide you with printed copies of the policy and the review form.