We develop leadership in all students at Burnham School by providing the following student leadership opportunities.
- Student Leadership Council – The Student Leadership Council meets each week and undertake a range of exciting and important activities that make a difference for our school.
- House Leaders – There are four Houses at Burnham; Kowhai, Matai, Totara, Rimu. Every child is given a house when they start at Burnham. House Leaders look after their house and are considered senior role models. Each house competes for the House Trophy which is presented at our Final Assembly.
- Physical Activity Leaders (PAL) – this is for our Year 5/6 students who are trained at facilitating sport activities at lunch times.
- Enviro-Rangers – this group take responsibility for maintaining and developing our vegetable garden and the orchard. They also manage our school-wide recycling and composting systems.
- Tuakana Teina – this is where older students are encouraged to support younger and is part of our curriculum. Examples of this include buddy classes, senior students supporting new entrants and during co-operative activities and field trips.